Three persons have been confirmed dead and 6 others said to be in critical condition after they suffered electrocution at Hospital Area a suburb of Jema in the Kintampo South District of the Brong Ahafo region.
The victims were laborers contracted to extend electricity to a construction site.
In the process of lifting one of the poles to plant, it touched a live wire and in the process triggered the electrocution.
The injured were immediately rushed to a health facility at Jema but later referred to the Kintampo Government Hospital where they are on admission receiving treatment.
According to him, the remains of the deceased have also been deposited at the mortuary of the same hospital pending autopsy while police who confirmed the incident to indicate that investigation have since begun into the incident.
Meanwhile, the Area Manager of the Northern Electricity Company Limited (NEDCO) Richard Donkor has denied knowledge of the said extension work.
According to him, the owner of the site needed his permission in order to give him qualified persons to carry out the power extension describing their actions as illegal which is punishable.